Community

Faces of Peachtree Corners- Erica McCurdy

Published

on

Studio Photos by George Hunter

This year has presented unprecedented challenges, but it has also given citizens of Peachtree Corners time to reflect on past successes, moments of joy and the things that make this city great. The city has many wonderful features to offer, chiefly technological advancement, business development, and scholastic excellence. Yet Peachtree Corners’ most valuable resource continues to be the people that live, work and thrive within its borders.

Erica McCurdy

Erica McCurdy of McCurdy Solutions Group has made it her mission in life to help “people in transition and navigate those waters successfully.” As an active part of the Peachtree Corners business community through involvement in the Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, the Peachtree Corners Business Association and a Rotary board member, McCurdy has had a front-row seat to the professional growth of this area.

“McCurdy Solutions began when I was on staff at North Point Community Church,” she said. “I have always mentored teens and adults who felt like they were at a turning point either personally or professionally. At North Point, I was introduced to the field of executive coaching. I achieved my certification and as demand for my services grew, I made the difficult decision to leave North Point to open my own practice.”

Since that time, McCurdy has served as a go-to voice for publications when they wish to discuss topics such as employability, communication and transition. She has been featured in over 100 articles by Forbes, US News, Business News Daily, Recruiter.com, Entrepreneur.com, MSN and others.

After getting connected to Forbes, McCurdy became deeply interested in the work of the SEAL Future Foundation – a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that helps career Navy SEALs transition to civilian life. This is a charity that McCurdy regularly supports.

Despite the many professional and altruistic endeavors she is involved in, McCurdy tries to stay grounded. “My family has always been my first priority — often making career decisions that pulled me away from the “corporate ladder” in favor of those that allowed me to be present in my children’s lives as they grew up,” she said.

Trending

Exit mobile version