We are a small but growing company curating and writing about individuals, businesses, places and events in Peachtree Corners, Duluth, Norcross and Berkeley Lake. We have a commitment to producing our work with journalistic excellence; the magazines serve as the authority on who to know, what to do and where to go in our communities and their surroundings.
We’re on a mission to curate stories and news about the communities we cover in Southwest Gwinnett, which includes the largest city in Gwinnett County – Peachtree Corners – and, of course, the cities of Duluth, Norcross and Berkeley Lake.
We publish two print magazines with six issues each during the year. That means one of our magazines is mailed to 20,000 homes every month.
In addition to our publications, we have two websites updated 2 to 3 times a week, an active social media presence, and newsletters reaching over 8,000 subscribers weekly. Plus, we produce a family of podcasts where we interview city managers, political candidates, business leaders, influencers, authors, and entrepreneurs.
The position is a commission + role with uncapped potential. A full-time person is capable of producing $41-65K or more in compensation in their first year. There is no base pay or salary on this position.
This work is not a remote job, but it can be done remotely. We have a membership at Atlanta Tech Park (a curated tech accelerator in Peachtree Corners) that you can use as a base when visiting prospects and clients in the area. We have memberships at local business associations and chambers that you will attend and network through.
We’re seeking a persistent, relatable, and self-driven individual to help us grow Southwest Gwinnett and Peachtree Corners Magazine and our online presence through print ads, corporate sponsorship, and digital advertising. You will work directly with the publisher and owner of the company.
Sales experience is necessary, but not necessarily in print or digital. Sales take particular skills and a unique personality to be successful. The right person can produce their own path to success.
- Identify, meet with, and secure new business opportunities for all our print and digital products.
- Consult, develop, and present client-specific marketing plans.
- Meet with potential clients to generate new ad revenue.
- Stay informed on new business opportunities, lifestyle advertising, and media in our local market.
- Discover and develop larger regional business prospects that want to reach our audience.
- A bachelor’s degree is a plus, but not a requirement, for the position.
- A proven track record of successful sales is a must. While having a background in digital, print, or social media is unnecessary, it would be a plus.
- Knowledge of using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social platforms is helpful in prospecting.
- Experience in the consultative selling process, including pre-call discovery and setting appointments, is helpful.
- The ability to assist clients with advertising copy and ideas and coordinate the production and scheduling of advertising with the team is another helpful requirement.
- Ability to use a CRM system to track leads and prospects is a plus.
- Experience with Google Drive, Dropbox, Outlook, etc., would be extremely helpful.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
- two years
Supplemental Pay Type
- Commission pay.
- Performance bonus
- Hybrid remote in Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Job type – Full-time
Schedule – Monday to Friday
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss out on news and events in Peachtree Corners.