Community

Our Latest Addition to the Our Team, Arlinda Smith Broady

Published

on

Hello neighbors!

I’m Arlinda Smith Broady, the new contributing editor for Peachtree Corners Magazine. This is my first edition and I worked close with the publisher, Rico Figliolini, to bring a slice of what’s happening in the area.

A midwestern upbringing with southern roots gives me a unique approach to news gathering. I never overlook the importance of connecting with residents to get to the heart of an issue, but I keep a diverse perspective on the many facets and opinions that make up a community. I’ve worked in television in Omaha, at a Black-owned weekly newspaper in Washington, D.C., on a small city daily in West Virginia and for large metropolitan news sources in Greenville, S.C., Savannah and Atlanta.

Along the way, I’ve discovered that it’s not the size of the operation that matters, but the commitment of the staff and the mission of the leaders. At Peachtree Corners Magazine, we’re small, but mighty. We don’t cover Dixie like the dew, but we’ll keep you informed about what’s relevant in your neck of the woods. And like the name implies, this is your magazine. Please feel free to send in announcements and news items. Not everything will make the printed version, but our goal is to find a place for what’s important to you – whether it’s in print or online only.

So, keep reading and I hope to see you out and about at a restaurant opening, a school play or just picking up a few groceries. I don’t live in town, but I’m just a stone’s throw away in Stone Mountain. This beautiful area has attracted many and we hope to provide a needed service that brings us all closer together.

Arlinda Smith Broady
Contributing Editor
arlinda@livinginpeachtreecorners.com

Trending

Exit mobile version