Community

Christ the King Hosts Feed My Starving Children Packing Event

Published

on

Christ the King Lutheran Church and Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) will Celebrate Love on February 1 and 2, 2019, through a MoblilePack event to feed needy children around the world. 

Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit Christian organization committed to feeding God’s starving children hungry in body and spirit. The approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children, and these meals are shipped around the world. On February 1 and 2, 2019, volunteers will pack 124,000 nutritious meals to be shipped around the world. 

At least 6,200 children die each day from hunger-related causes according to UNICEF.  Join Christ the King in being a part of the hunger solution! Through this powerful FMSC MobilePack event, the lives of thousands of children will be impacted.

This is an opportunity to learn about hunger related issues, pray for those in need, raise funds to cover the cost of meals and pack meals for the hungry. Sign up today for a time slot to help pack meals!  For more information on how to get involved, contact Christ the King at FMSC@ctklutheran.org or visit give.fmsc.org/celebratelove.

Whether you are just curious, or seriously seeking a “church home”, you are always welcome at Christ the King Lutheran Church where we are led by God’s Spirit and encourage one another to grow in a life-shaping relationship with Jesus.  Services are held at 8:45 a.m. (traditional), and 11 a.m. (contemporary).  Christ the King is located at 5575 Peachtree Parkway at the corner of Peachtree Parkway and Spalding Drive; one mile south of The Forum.  For more information about Christ the King, please visit www.ctklutheran.org or call 770-449-1211.

Feature Image: Last year’s event comes back in February 2019 to help feed needy children around the world. Photo courtesy Christ the King Lutheran Church

Trending

Exit mobile version