Community

Faces of Peachtree Corners- Lex Stolle

Published

on

Photo provided by Wesleyan School.

This year has presented unprecedented challenges, but it has also given citizens of Peachtree Corners time to reflect on past successes, moments of joy and the things that make this city great. The city has many wonderful features to offer, chiefly technological advancement, business development and scholastic excellence. Yet Peachtree Corners’ most valuable resource continues to be the people that live, work and thrive within its borders.

Lex Stolle

Lex Stolle is like many 6th grade boys at Wesleyan School, with a hunger to learn and a lively view on life. But his recent leukemia diagnosis and treatment has given him a maturity rare for his age — yet his outlook remains sunny and positive, in large part due to the support of his teachers and fellow students.

“I love my school! I have had so much love and support from my teachers, principal, counselors and all the students,” Stolle said. “Last year, several of the teachers let me shave their heads after I lost my hair with chemotherapy. I even got to shave my headmaster’s head! I was super nervous about that because I didn’t want to cut him! I was really humbled that these men that I look up to would let me do that in front of the entire middle school. I also like how everyone is always praying and thinking of others.”

Stolle’s school pride is evident in all the activities he participates in. He made his long-awaited debut with the middle school’s theater company at the end of October. To pay it forward, he works with the Rally Foundation to raise money and awareness for childhood cancer. And as a student council representative for his grade, he has helped organize food and hygiene drives for local charities throughout our community.

Trending

Exit mobile version