Community

Faces of Peachtree Corners- Mason Kaplan

Published

on

Photo from Mason Kaplan's Twitter page

This year has presented unprecedented challenges, but it has also given citizens of Peachtree Corners time to reflect on past successes, moments of joy and the things that make this city great. The city has many wonderful features to offer, chiefly technological advancement, business development and scholastic excellence. Yet Peachtree Corners’ most valuable resource continues to be the people that live, work and thrive within its borders.

Mason Kaplan

Mason Kaplan attends Norcross High School, where he is a senior and the quarterback for the football team. And he is a member of the National Honor Society, with an impressive 4.26 GPA.

Kaplan was recently featured on WSB Channel 2 News as their Scholar Athlete of the Week. The enterprising young man also earned the Captain Award, voted on by Norcross football teammates.
Additionally, he was selected by NHS to attend the IDEALS Leadership School program. This prestigious leadership program is run by a Peachtree Corners non-profit “designed to focus on high school student athletes who have shown the desire to better equip themselves to be positive leaders and who want to make a difference in their schools, their teams and in the lives of those they influence,” according to IdealsLeadership.org.

Kaplan recognizes that he is in a position to be a positive role model for the kids growing up behind him, and he takes that responsibility seriously. “As representatives of the school and members of the community, my teammates and I love to help out the community whether it be by reading books to younger kids or helping the youth league sports teams with their practices and motivating them to be a positive members of and role models in the community as they get older,” he said.

“Other kids from Norcross and I are given the opportunity through the [IDEALS Leadership] program to learn how to be better leaders and positive athletes in our community and can use those skills to help make Peachtree Corners as great as it can be.”

Trending

Exit mobile version