City Government

Q&A: How to Keep Up with City News, More Corners Connector Trail Plans and Annual State of City Address Update

Published

on

From the Mayor’s Desk September 2020

In this month’s column, I will provide information on how you can stay informed with what’s going on in your city; more news on the multi-use trail and how it will connect to the new pedestrian bridge; and announce how and when I will deliver my annual state-of-the-city address.

Q: There seems to be a lot of misinformation of late posted on social media concerning several city projects. People are posting incorrect information which gets passed along as facts. Is there a place on the city’s website that provides updates?

A: Yes there is. On the city’s website, peachtreecornersga.gov, you will find the latest updates on all projects. Most can be found in the “News” section which is located on the homepage. You can also use the “Search” feature in the top right side of the page if you’re not sure where to look. And if you have a question, you can simply email or call City Hall. Our staff is happy to answer any of your questions. You can find contact information for staff by clicking on the “Contact Us” link at the top of the homepage.

I would urge you to consult the website rather than relying on social media to ensure you get
the facts. If you prefer to talk by telephone, or meet in person, our city staff will be glad to accommodate you. And remember to reach out to your elected official. All of us welcome
hearing from our citizens. You can find City Council contact information listed under the
“Contact Us” link as well.

Q: Sometimes I miss the city’s latest news when it comes out, and I don’t always remember to
check the city’s website to keep up. Is there a way to get the news delivered to me via email?

A: I’m glad you asked. Yes, the city’s website has a feature called “e-notifications” that allows
you to sign up to receive an email when a new update is posted. On the website, click on the link at the top of the homepage labeled “NotifyMe!” then select e-Notifications. You’ll see a list of options: Select “All News” to receive all news items. You also have the option to receive notices of upcoming City Council meetings, Town Center events and more. The news notices are emailed as soon as they are posted to the website. The calendar notices are sent six days before the event. If you need further information, please send an email to info@peachtreecornersga.gov with your questions.

The second way to keep up with the latest news is to download the city app, Corners Connect.
The app is free and available for both iPhones and Android users. Look for the app in the App
Store (iPhone) and Play Store (Android phones).

Q: Now that the bridge is near completion, what are the plans when pedestrians exit on either
side? Are there plans to connect with the city’s Corners Connector Trail?

A: Yes. On the Town Center side, we are working on a new section of the Corners Connector
Trail which will wind through a stand of trees and along a small creek. This new section begins
behind the Lazy Dog restaurant and will connect to the Town Green. It will include a path down to the stream and a footbridge over the water onto the opposite bank. Construction is expected to begin in the spring of 2021.

On The Forum side: This property belongs to The Forum. The property management company
has confirmed it is working on plans for an ADA accessible concrete pedestrian path which will
connect to the shopping center. More details to follow.

Q: Your annual state-of-the-city address is usually held in July. Do you still plan on providing
residents with an update?

A: Yes, but this year’s address will be quite different than in years past due to the coronavirus
restrictions. This will be my 7th address as your city mayor and unlike years past when we all
met in person, the 2020 address will be presented as a video. It was shot in different locations
throughout the city. In it, I will give a brief look back at the tremendous strides that have been
made in our city’s eight years – and a look toward the future. The video will be released on
Wednesday Sept. 16. Look for an announcement posted on the city’s website in the “News”
section with a link to the video. All who have signed up for e-notification will receive an email
with the video link.

If you’ve not yet signed up for the city’s e-notifications, visit the city’s website, then click on the link at the top of the homepage labeled “Notify Me,” select eNotifications, and select the “All News” option.

Stay Safe,
Mayor Mike Mason

Trending

Exit mobile version