Community

Faces of Peachtree Corners- Sarah Lim

Published

on

Photo provided by Wesleyan School.

This year has presented unprecedented challenges, but it has also given citizens of Peachtree Corners time to reflect on past successes, moments of joy and the things that make this city great. The city has many wonderful features to offer, chiefly technological advancement, business development and scholastic excellence. Yet Peachtree Corners’ most valuable resource continues to be the people that live, work and thrive within its borders.

Sarah Lim

As an 11th grader at Wesleyan School and a Peachtree Corners resident, Sarah Lim brings a fresh perspective to the community.

“I am an Asian-American with Korean and Taiwanese heritage. My parents’ stories of the discrimination and challenges they faced while growing up as second generation Asian-Americans inspire me to embrace the unique characteristics in each of us and make an impact in my community,” Lim said.

She has grown up in this community and has a fond appreciation for all it has to offer. “Having lived in Peachtree Corners my entire life, I appreciate the resources and experiences this community has provided me, which includes the culture and sense of belonging,” Lim explained. “I especially love the recently built Town Center, where I often meet friends, eat good food and witness our community joyfully gathering.”

She has made a point to be active in her community and in her school by joining the Honor Council, the Chapel band, the golf team, Mock Trial and the high school theater program. She was part of the theater program’s cast that placed second in the District One-Act competition.

Lim also participates in the school’s No Place for Hate Initiative and Let’s Do Better, a non-profit movement founded by an alumna and current junior at Wesleyan. These diversity initiatives focus on raising awareness of racial and social inequalities and fostering communities of unity, within and outside of Wesleyan.

Trending

Exit mobile version