Community

Peachtree Corners Veterans Monument Association Announces New Executive Director and Board Members

Published

on

PCVMA announces new president and board members. Photo courtesy of Judy Putnam.

Today the board of directors of the Peachtree Corners Veterans Association (PCVMA) announced three of its members, including Executive Director and President, Bob Ballagh, would be stepping down. The board also confirmed replacements and announced an additional board member would be joining the PCVMA.

November 11, 2019 – Peachtree Corners, Ga: Veterans Day Ceremony at the Veterans Monument at the Town Green Monday, November 11, 2019, in Peachtree Corners, Ga.. PHOTO / JASON GETZ

Ballagh, who has served as executive director and president since the establishment of the board in 2015, will step aside. Tiffany Grave de Peralta, is PCVMA’s new executive director and president. Grave de Peralta, a retired Navy Commander, has headed the veteran’s outreach efforts since joining as a committee member in 2015.

“It’s been an honor to be part of PCVMA since its inception,” said Ballagh. “I’m proud of the work all of the board has done since beginning this project and thank all for volunteering to serve. Our new executive director and president has been an active and supportive part of our team from the very beginning and has always helped out when needed.

“I am leaving PCVMA in good hands. I know that Tiffany will do a great job with the organization moving forward. And I welcome our new board members, they are joining a top-notch group of dedicated men and women.”

Ballagh has agreed to stay on for the remainder of his term, which expires the end of 2021, as past president to assure a smooth transition.

Ray Crum, Colonel U.S. Army (Retired), who has served on the board since 2019 as a member at large, will step in as Vice President. He replaces Doug Heckman, Colonel, U.S. Army (Retired). Heckman had served as the organization’s vice president since the formation of the non-profit.

Jennifer Bonacci, a Peachtree Corners resident and Controller for IPInvestments Group, replaces Frank Drewry as Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer. Drewry has served in the capacity since 2015.

Additionally, Jay Bergstresser, a former U.S. Navy Chaplain, and Pastor of Christ of King Lutheran Church has joined the board. Bergstresser, a Combat Veteran who served with the Marines in Iraq, was nominated by Crum.

Grave de Peralta will assume her new position immediately. “I am honored to have been asked to take on the executive director position for the PCVMA,” said Grave de Peralta. “Many thanks to Bob, Doug, and Frank for all of their hard work and dedication. I look forward to working with the board and the city to continue honoring our veterans.”

Finding a way to honor the city’s veterans began in 2014. Mayor Mike Mason and Councilmember Alex Wright first proposed the idea of a veterans’ monument. Both served in the U.S. Navy and have been on the PCVMA board since its formation.

“Overseeing all of the details in building a special monument to honor our veterans was a tremendous task, and all of us will be forever grateful for Bob’s strong leadership and energy in taking on this important project,” said Mayor Mike Mason. “We are equally in debt to Doug Heckman and Frank Drewry for their many hours of volunteer service.

“A city is only as strong as the volunteers who are willing to step up and give their time for the betterment of the community. Our city is fortunate to have such outstanding citizens who were willing to serve our city for the past six years.”

PCVMA Board Members

· Brian Johnson, Post 1

· Bob Ballagh, Post 1

· Sharon Knox, Post 1

· Pastor Jay Bergstresser, Post 1

· Alex Wright, Post 2

· Ray Crum, Post 2

· Jennifer Bonacci, Post 2

· Charlie Roberts, Post 2

· Tiffany Grave de Peralta, Post 3

· Mike Mason, Post 3

· Judy Putnam, Post 3