Community

Faces of Peachtree Corners- Bailey Lesko

Published

on

Bailey Lesko

This year has presented unprecedented challenges, but it has also given citizens of Peachtree Corners time to reflect on past successes, moments of joy and the things that make this city great. The city has many wonderful features to offer, chiefly technological advancement, business development and scholastic excellence. Yet Peachtree Corners’ most valuable resource continues to be the people that live, work and thrive within its borders.

Bailey Lesko

Bailey Lesko is a senior at Norcross High School who looks forward to the possibilities of college but is making the most of the remainder of her high school experience.

Her extracurricular resume is vast, spanning from Lesko’s tenure as Spanish Honor Society Vice President last year and as current President, to leading the charge as the NHS Varsity swim team captain this year. She also was a Governor’s Honors Program Finalist as a Drum Major for the last two school years, not to mention an All State Bassoonist in 2017, 2019 and 2020.

Her participation in the Norcross High School Band appears to be a particularly bright spot in her four years at the school. “The Norcross High School Marching Band has given me the opportunity to lead my peers, play great music and hopefully inspire younger musicians to continue playing into high school and beyond,” Lesko said. “The program is a positive staple of Peachtree Corners, as we love to perform and bring joy to the community.”

Her plans after graduation are ambitious and diverse, as she debates majoring in music education or biochemistry as a pre-med route to becoming a doctor, with a Spanish minor to boot. “I’ve been in band for seven years and involved in music for 12, and I would love to give back to students what my teachers have given me,” she added. “Biochemistry serves as a great basis for medical school, and the way life can be sustained on a molecular level fascinates me. My dad was also a biochemistry major and he raves about it, so it’s always been an influence in my life.

“I want to study Spanish because no matter where I go in my life, being bilingual will serve me well, and I love the language. And finally, I want to be a pediatric doctor with any focus because I love kids and want the opportunity to give them good and helpful experiences with doctor’s visits, like I had growing up.”

Trending

Exit mobile version