Community

Faces of Peachtree Corners- Debbie Mason

Published

on

This year has presented unprecedented challenges, but it has also given citizens of Peachtree Corners time to reflect on past successes, moments of joy and the things that make this city great. The city has many wonderful features to offer, chiefly technological advancement, business development and scholastic excellence. Yet Peachtree Corners’ most valuable resource continues to be the people that live, work and thrive within its borders.’

Debbie Mason

As the right-hand woman of her husband Mayor Mike Mason, “The First Lady of Peachtree Corners” Debbie Mason has an unparalleled perspective on the inner workings of our fair city.

“I have always been active in my neighborhood and community, and now I found it necessary to find my new place. My goal for Peachtree Corners as a new City was to make it a place for its citizens to make memories right here in their own City of Peachtree Corners,” Mason said.

Her life has been full of proud points of note, many of a personal nature. “My proudest moment was becoming Mike Mason’s wife 47 years ago, followed by the births of my two boys Matt and Nick, and most certainly, becoming grandmother to Clara,” she said. “[Our sons] have grown into fine young men of whom I am proud.”

Mason’s professional and altruistic achievements are certainly worth mentioning as well. “I am very proud to have been part of the team that created the City of Peachtree Corners, one of the Founders of Peachtree Corners Festival, on the Board of Directors of United Peachtree Corners Civic Association which does great work in our City and I am proud to have been named to the Norcross High School Foundation Hall of Fame for my various activities,” Mason explained.

On a lighter note, there is a more relaxed side to Mason that some may not have seen.

“I am from Indiana, I love Yorkies, I love to cook for those I love, and I absolutely live for gardening in the Spring by planting flowers in every corner of my backyard,” she said.

Trending

Exit mobile version